Thursday 24 February 2011

Contract Town 19: Posterity - Making A Frontier Town Part 1

Technically this isn't part 1 as the posts about the Train should really be counted as the train will be a key part of Contract Town 19 but until I do some more of that it'll have to make do with its own title! I want to put together a Wild West style board for Malifaux. Andy of the A Fistful of Soul Stones blog is putting together an awesome looking city board for our Malifaux battles and I'm working on this and a Bayou swamp board but this has my attentions for the moment.

To make the buildings I will be using the following ingredients:
5mm thick foamcore
Lolly sticks
Match sticks
Copious amounts of PVA glue
Masking tape for test fitting everything


 

I started out by building a 'skeleton' for the building out of the foamcore. I worked out roughly the measurements for each piece (these were/will be trimmed to make sure they fit properly if necessary) and cutting these out.

I then put these together using masking tape to check that they fit. These pictures are just a mock-up but give a rough idea of what the finished building will look like.

Next the fun task of cutting all the lolly sticks down to size and covering the 'skeleton' of the building with them!

6 comments:

Nesbet said...

Can't see anything!

DOMAIN UNREGISTERED. TO VIEW, REGISTER AT: bit.ly/imageshack-domain

man, imageshack sucks xD

Glad to have chosen flickr! =D

Cheers!

Elazar The Glorified said...

Odd, they're all showing up for me...
I assume you can see the blogspot hosted one?

Nesbet said...

yep! That's right

imageshack images are having lot of problems in forums and other blogs

all I see is a frozen yellow frog xD

+++Sentinal+++ said...

Looking good so far James. I'm really interested to see how this turns out as I'd like to make some similar type of building on a smaller scale for a future project!

Andy

James said...

Thanks a lot, but this was all Elazar, not me ;)

James.

Elazar The Glorified said...

Thanks Andy_B! On a smaller scale hey? What's that for then?