Friday 4 September 2009

Thoughts on the Angels Exemplar.

I'm struggling at the moment with indecision. My son seems hell bent on his 40k army so need to think about my own. I have to say, I have a real temptation at the minute to go for a loyalist marine army. I don't know if it's the pending release of Space Hulk (oh and my copy is assured now after a brief few moments of panic!) and/or the fact that I've been playing Space Crusade with my son a bit more lately (probably a side effect of the pending Space Hulk release hehe). Something, though, is making me really want to start a loyalist Marine army.
The Angels Exemplar might be getting a complete fluff overhaul or I may well have changed my mind again by this evening. This is the problem with me and 40k. I'm far too indecisive. With Fantasy I never had this problem. I was an Undead player until they split them and then a Chaos player (I always favoured Warriors so I went along with that split!).
In 40k I've had small forces of Space Marines (Imperial Fists and Blood Angels) Chaos Space Marines (Emperor's Children and the current Angels Exemplar), Eldar, Dark Eldar, Tyrannids (including a very short lived Genestealer cult army), and Imperial Guard. I've never had a force of any real significance as I've always changed my mind after a short period of time. Need to make a decision and see it through so I can get back into 40k properly! If anyone has any comments, advice or even an army they'd like to see me try my hand at please let me know!

3 comments:

noeste said...

Glad to hear that you've secured yourself a copy of Space Hulk! Must be a relief.

I think you should go for a Blood Angels army - then you can use the wonderful Terminators from Space Hulk for other than the game *smiles*

Then again, if you're afraid of those quite special models getting damaged, if they're used too frequently and/or as part of a regular army, then I'd say do something completely different from your fantasy warband. Stick to the Angels Examplar mayhaps, but before they turned to Chaos..?

I really don't know nothing about 40k fluff or how the different factions are game-wise, but to me at least, I have to really like the team fluffwise, to both paint and play it.

I do think, though, that you as a good parent, should do whatever is in your power, to turn your son over to fantasy, and away from that futuristic nonsense *winks*

Elazar The Glorified said...

Hehe, yes, he has an Orcs and Goblins army and my gaming club is having a doubles tournament in November so I've managed to get him focussed back over to Fantasy for the minute which gives me time to decide about a 40k army before he starts his! :)

noeste said...

Well done!
Just get him a Giant, some Fanatics and other fun stuff from the Greenskins, and I'm sure he can be hooked unto Fantasy!